9 August 2017
Security measures Rototom Sunsplash 2017 due to terrorism prevention campaign activated by the Ministry of Interior for all festivals in Spain
Our goal is that you can enjoy the festival in peace, your safety and welfare at the festival are our priority. To do this we have met and planned measures with the authorities and security forces and we will implement all of the required measures to put ensure your safety.
Keep in mind that, due to the terrorism prevention measures that the Ministry of the Interior has enabled for all of the festivals in Spain this year, you will notice more controls and a greater police presence at the festival than in previous editions.
The enjoyment of Rototom is in all our hands, so we ask for your cooperation:
- Anticipate your arrival at the time of concerts to avoid queues and Collaborate with security personnel when entering the festival.
- The bags will be compulsorily checked at the entrance: do not bring any objects that could be considered to be dangerous, they will be confiscated.
- Do not use backpacks or large bags to attend the concerts: bags or backpacks cannot be left at the entrance or in the surrounding areas. Any object that seems abandoned will be removed.
- We have reduced the parking spaces in the vicinity of the Benicassim festival grounds, we have also enabled two more free parking in the North and East of the town. There will be public transport for easy access to the concert area. Foot traffic from the village to the festival will be more comfortable as the area is fully pedestrianized.
- Take care of each other and communicate any suspicious situation to the festival’s security team, the staff of the InfoPoints, the police or the closest member of staff that you can find. Enjoy the festival with your friends and take care of them.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience.